Process Operations for Technicians
Upon successful completion of this program, trainees should be able to:
- Operate an oil refinery with safety as the prime consideration.
- Monitor instrumentation and the operation of equipment.
- Make adjustments to keep system process variables such as flows, temperatures and pressures within acceptable ranges.
- Detect potential and actual problems and take corrective action to prevent the interruption of system operations.
- Analyze operational trends and take corrective actions.
- Use standard operating procedures to start/stop production equipment
- Maintain communication with other operators, maintenance and the management.
Who Should Attend:
The program is ideal for personnel involved in refinery process operations, troubleshooting, and technical services as well as others providing services to the petroleum industry, should also find this program beneficial.
This is a comprehensive course and consists of a number of learning modules. Each of the modules addresses a specific scope. This course consists of the following modules:
- Introduction to Petroleum Refining
- Distillation Technology
- Basic Refinery Processes
- Industrial Valves
- How to Read Process Drawings
- Basic Process Instrumentation and Control
- Pump Fundamentals
- Centrifugal Pumps – Operation
- Heat Exchangers
- Basic Safety
- Basic Hazard Communication
- Process plant startup / shutdown
Course Duration: (5) Days