Contents and Activities:
- What is Simulation? And where in our lives can we find models?
- Reviewing the world’s top process simulators
- What makes “Aspen Hysys” unique?
- History of Aspen Technologies Incorporation and its products.
- Using process simulators for oil, gas, and petrochemical plants.
- Setting-up Aspen Hysys in trainees’ PCs.
- How to use Aspen Hysys and deal with its Graphic User Interface (GUI).
- Practical Sessions for reviewing basics of using Aspen Hysys capabilities:
Studying Thermo-Physical Properties of Ethylene
Flash Separation (Simple Oil/Gas Separator)
Mixing Two Raw Gas Streams
Simple Vapor Compression Refrigeration Cycle
Gas Compression Station
Raw Gas Processing Facility (HPS/LTS)
Gas Pipeline Calculations
Raw Gas Dehydration using TEG
Raw Gas Sweetening using DEA
Three-effect Evaporation (Sucrose Concentration Unit)
Distillation Towers 1
LPG Recovery Unit
Production of Hydrogen (PO of Methane)
Production of Propylene Glycol (PG)
Steam Tables with Aspen Hysys
EPC’s Ethylene Pipeline from Platform to Plant
Simulation of a Gas Turbine
Propane/Propylene splitter (C3-Splitter)
Studying Tray Hydraulics of a De-Butanizer
Aromatics Fractionation and Optimization
Project Economics of (Sucrose Concentration Unit)
Power Generation by a Combined Cycle (Air/steam Turbines).
Studrying the cooling techniques for the exothermic processes of Methanol synthesis.
- Project economics and cost estimations.
- Aspen Hysys quick access and shortcuts.
- Process data tables and case studies.
- Printing PFDs, reporting, shortcuts, and datasheets from Aspen Hysys.
- Examination and Evaluation.